“I don’t own the proper tool to replace control arm bushings. Flat out. I don’t have one.” Ok, now that we have that statement out of the way, I’d like you to know that it hasn’t stopped me from replacing them anyway. It is just 47,000 times harder and requires a:
- Serious vice (now damaged)
- Large hammer
- Air chisel
- Variety of hand chisels & punches
- A Sawzall with a new blade
- Every ounce of strength that you can call upon
Once you have all of these items gathered, just forget about doing this job, because it is stupid. Seriously, just go buy, rent, borrow, or steal the right tool for the job. You will be happier because it took zero time, you’ll have less injuries, and your vice will still work.
/ Public Service Announcement,
- Your Friends At The 1A Blog.