This summer, we are having the first ever 1A Auto Video Contest. For the Full Rules, and entry form, go to the 1A Auto Video Contest page. For the cliff notes, here’s the way it works.
- You make a video that is 1 minute or less explaining how 1A Auto has saved you time and/or money.
- Post it on your the internet so the public can see it.
- Go to the Video Contest Page, agree to the terms & conditions, do what it says, and fill out the form.
- If you do everything right and follow the rules, your video entry will likely be accepted by the 1A Auto Contest Committee (…of which I happen to be proud part of.).
- The first 100 entrees accepted get a Free T-Shirt and more!
- The Grand Prize winner (chosen by the 1A Auto Contest Committee) gets $1000!
With the prizes so generous, and ability to enter so incredibly easy, we are obviously expecting a large number of entrees. Make your video ASAP, and tell all of your friends about it!
Want to see who is in the contest already?
Watch The Videos We Have So Far
Remember last summer when we watched the 4G63 (read: Mitsubishi Eclipse engine) powered dragster go deep into the 7′s in the quarter mile at 190 mph? Well this year it runs 6.85′s and 195. According to math, science and history, that officially makes this thing sickly fast, and a new record holder. The guys at turbo4.com deserve a round of applause for really pushing the limits with this engine, and the car that it is strapped into. Amazing work as always! Now let’s see what 200mph looks like!
Watching a car crash is like, well, watching a car crash. You see the impending doom, time slows down and you start moaning like a zombie. Then the inevitable happens, the car collides with something and your zombie-esque moan turns into a breathy lung exhausting “aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh”.
This video is one of those moments. You know what’s about to happen from the first rev of the engine. One minute later, the Lamborghini becomes the swirly meat in a giant car sandwich. The only word that comes to mind in this instance is a sarcastic “unprofessional“. Sorry for your loss of nice bodywork Lambo.
If you have already watched the First and Second episodes, you are likely addicted and in desperate need of episode 3. That’s where we come in, because we have it up here for your convenience. This episode takes place in Long Beach and shows Dai working his way through some troubles with his driving. Videos like these make me want to go do smokey burnouts in the nearest parking lot.
A week or two ago, we showed off the first episode of the new “Behind The Smoke” season. Today we have Episode 2. You’ll enjoy this one too.
Sometimes people do stupid things. Riding this fast on a public road is most definitely one of them. The video claims 299 kmh, which converts to roughly 185 mph, but some math wizards out there on the internet are claiming more like 135 mph. Regardless of the actual number, I think we can all agree that the rider was clearly not following the rules of the road. Let’s review the facts:
1) The symbol on the upper triple tree is found on a Yamaha R1.
2) R1′s are rumored to be able to reach close to 185 miles per hour. Real life, tire size, and sprocket sizes will throw these numbers off.
3) The rider likely has some serious seat time considering he/she didn’t get swallowed by the back of a Subaru.
4) The rider is probably more young than old. Helmet cam + zero fear + motorcycle + posting on internet.
So who is this man of mystery? A professional racer? A fearless teenager? Or maybe it just a random guy on a fast bike that was extraordinarily lucky that he didn’t slide himself into a truck at 185 mph that day. Will we ever find out? So many unanswered questions within this video.
Last season, I had the pleasure of showing off my friend Matt’s ridiculously fast BMW E30 that is powered by a Mitsubishi 4G63 turbo engine. Back then, it was running 10.53 and 132 MPH, but he had mentioned that he had a lot more horsepower on tap for when he wanted it. So, rather than cranking the power up and watching parts scatter down the length of the track, this past winter Matt and the Infamous Performance crew put in work. They back-half’ed the car, swapped in a new SERIOUS transmission, and took it for a shake down pass this past weekend. On the first day out, without ever hitting 9′s before, Matt ripped off a 9.7 second quarter mile time at 140 miles per hour. As always, I have the video evidence for your entertainment.
Will Matt scrape into the 8′s this season? Sign up for the 1A Blog email and you’ll be the first to know WHEN it happens! Oh. It. Will. Happen.