When building or restoring a car, you absolutely HAVE to take pictures.
Here are my top 7 reasons why:
1) Without pictures, nobody will ever believe that you did any of the work (unless it’s terrible, then they will believe you 100%).
2) You will never remember how things originally went together. That extra bag of bolts needs a home!
3) You can hold the photo up against your car and say “look guys, before and after”.
4) It can remind you where you came from, and how you got to where you are.
5) You can look back and laugh at the horrific work you did toward the beginning of the project. Remember when you couldn’t weld?
6) You can post them on the internet and show off all of your work to the world.
7) You don’t realize it at the time of the photograph, but there is always weird stuff going on in the background. It is fun to look for!
If you are saying to yourself “This guy is right, I don’t have any pictures of my cars…”, grab a handful of camera right now and go take some pictures. I promise you that you will appreciate it down the road. Just imagine how cool it would be to see all the cars that your parents had throughout the years.
Got before and after pictures? I want to see them! Post them up or Send them to me: firstname.lastname@example.org