While cruising the wild wide world web of internet, I landed on an fantastic web page. It seems to be the home of Gary Campesi’s hotrod renderings. His work isn’t just a rendering though, they actually seems to capture a moment, just like a really great photographer does. The word “amazing” isn’t strong enough to describe this kind of talent. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I first spotted this. Apparently he sells prints of his work, though I can’t seem to find prices or how to purchase them? I personally think a hardcover book would be ideal so that enthusiasts like myself can enjoy the whole collection. It would be a tragedy to have one by itself! Enough of my 2 cents though….. Be sure to check his website for all of the rest of his work, you won’t be disappointed. You may want to grab a coffee though because there are hundreds of absolutely brilliant pieces of art to see.
See more of Gary Campesi’s amazing work at:
1930 Chevy Rat Rod 3 Window Coupe
Rat Rods are cool, and I am here to tell you my top 10 reasons why:
1) They are cheap to build – You don’t need rust free metal, so you are often able to put cars back on the road that never would have been restored otherwise.
2) You can build it yourself – It gives you an amazing sense of pride to drive something that you built, and even more when you get a “thumbs up” from a fellow gearhead.
3) Lowered cars and trucks are cooler – That’s just a fact.
4) Raw metal – Unpainted metal is a great way to show off your fabricating skills.
5) Simplicity – These cars work off the bare essentials. Windows, heat, seats and suspension are optional.
6) No Fear – You don’t have to worry about parking your clean car in a grocery store parking lot. If somebody swings their caravan door into it, it doesn’t even matter!
7) Wiring – All you need is power for the ignition coil, alternator, lights, and a horn. That is like 8 wires. Anybody could handle that.
8 ) Typically a two seater – This means you don’t have to cart your friends around all over town. “Can you give us a ride to blah blah somewhere place?…….” “nope sorry, I only have two seats….”
9) Exposed engine – Watching mechanical things move is awesome on every level. There is no denying it.
10) Part availability – All parts that you will ever need can be found in a junk yard, swap meet, home depot, or convenience store.
Picture borrowed from eBay Item number: 18049680146