If your car window won’t roll up or down there could be a few different reasons why. There are many causes of this problem, such as a failing or damaged window regulator, window motor, window switch, or window crank. The diagnostic flowchart below explains how to fix a car with window problems and covers the fixes for many different causes of failed power and manual window regulators.
Flowchart for How to Fix a Manual or Power Car Window That Won’t Roll Up or Down
This flowchart can help you get to the source of the issue if your window is jammed, stuck, misaligned, or only rolls in one direction. This chart can be used for diagnosing manual or power window problems and explains what methods you can take to fix it yourself.
Learn to Diagnose and Replace Parts Yourself
Learn how to diagnose and replace parts on many different makes and models with step-by-step instructions in 1A Auto’s how-to videos.
Read the related content below for more detail on how to fix different manual and power window problems.
- How to Fix a Car Window That Won’t Roll Up
- Why Is My Power Window Not Working?
- Car Window Won’t Go Up?
- Car Window Rattling?
- How to Diagnose and Fix A Squeaky Car Window
- What Does a Window Regulator Do?
- Why Are My Power Windows Working Intermittently?
- How to Test a Fuse with a Multimeter
- How to Tell if a Relay is Bad in a Car, Truck, or SUV